Saturday, August 19, 2006

Wanting More?

I saw a book on sale the other day at the Bookstore and thought... mmm, that looks interesting. A few days later I saw it again and this time I bought it. The title of the book is WANTING MORE: The Challenge of Enjoyment in the Age of Addiction written by Dr. Mark Chamberlain.
I began reading that very day and before even getting to the main text I was touched by his dedication. It reads ...

"To Helen Keller
You taught us to walk with more awareness
on the path we thought we knew"

This is a profound observation, which inspired me to learn more about this remarkable woman. I have heard stories about her before but I think now is the time to learn from a remarkable individual. Furthermore it has made me to do some "stock taking" in my life.

Regarding Chamberlains book, the introducation itself was astounding and I'm currently in chapter one, it may take me a while to finish it as I am in the middle of numerous books right now and I'm a full time student that works part time, but I am learning to find reading a joy again and books great teachers and friends.

For give the pun, but in my books this is a must read!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home