Friday, August 18, 2006

I love my bike

So I just thought I had to write down how much I love my bike and how much I enjoy my adventures on it, making me feel like a kid again. I often explore roads and areas that I never would on foot, and I like to ride the curns and also a very reliable means of transportation, no need to worry about it running out of gas, or if the engine will start after a cold night... I can park it almost anywhere and I dont have to really worry about vandalisation or it getting stolen :) and i wont even mention that I got this bike for FREE!

I love how I feel riding imy bike, I not only get excercise, but I get to experience more of the OUT DOORS. I seem to always discover news routes and ways of getting to my destination. If Im in the mood for sun and more adventure (traffic and stop lights) I go one way or if I'm in the mood for nature and shade I go another. There is nothing better than the wind in your hair, a little sweat down your back and your muscles pumping.

I was recently in France and the Netherlands and I rode a bicyle a couple times while there there. These countries have the necessary infrastructure (for lack of a better word) for cyclists, however I have found you can ride a bike anywhere in the world, sure it is a bit more dangerous when the cars turning right forget to look for cyclists (lets say I had a painful education of that), and while the scenery may not be the same as Europe, the experience can be :)

I also realised something yesterday. My tires we a bit flat and so I took it to the gas station and pumped up the wheels. All of a sudden my pedeling became so much more effective and I felt like I was going faster and further. So it made me realise that one day when I do have a car, I must keep the tires full and I will get further on less gas!!!! See all these benefits - you should get a bike :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home