Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rebelution

I was just interoduced to THE REBELUTION (thanks Ben) and read the most amazing article. I had been struggleing recently with myself, and this article seemed to tip the scales. What was I fighting with myself about? - PROCRASTINATION and WASTING TIME! I have recently found myself getting more and more sucked into the internet. Spending hours a day blogging, watching online movie clips, talking on messenger, checking my email 5 times an hour (I wanted to be sure to get my mail ASAP) and mind-numbing-web-surfing! My subcoucious mind knew i was out of control, but it was like I could not help myself. I would wake up, and turn on my laptop - for no pressing reason or purpose except to catch up on Prison Break fan fiction, or discover some new website or see how many friends in my IM were online. Funny thing, its not like I had nothing better to do, infact I have a TON of stuff I need to do, and yet, I found reasons to ratiaonlize my current obsession and addiction.

After reading Brett & Alex's post Stop Wasting Time I began really thinking about the situation I was in, and realise that I needed to make a change.

I decided to blog about my goal to use the internet in achiving growth and increasing my talents and skills and less as a means of entertainment. I heard once that a goal not written is only a wish - so now I have written it down (ok typed but same idea). I really think I am going to try that sticky note holder - I have been looking for a better way to organize my thoughts and "to do's" and this seems like an GREAT way!

"If you fail to plan - you plan to fail" (Anonomous).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home