Friday, November 10, 2006

My Passion: Singing

Someone asked me the other day if I was keeping up with my singing. For a moment I thought, "You know, I don't perform and do as much with my singing as I did a couple years ago, okay I have changed countries, started college, live on mt own, work part time and do my best to maintain my fairly good GPA, cook, clean, do laundry, date, socialize blah blah blah! So as you can see I am so busy that I was neglecting my music. Granted I had kinda kept up playing guitar and had learned to play a few songs from friends, but my SINGING had come to almost a halt, with exception of once or twice a year in church and once a year in the International Talent Show held at BYU.

Well, I am proud to say that this will no longer be the case:

A couple of weeks I was part of a womans choir that recorded 2 songs for a upcoming Jenny Phillips project! It was fabulous. We recorded at SOLARIUM RECORDING STUDIOS in Utah. Tyler Castleton produced the songs.

Secondly, 2 weeks ago we began recording a song I wrote inspired by a tragic event that happend earlier this year to two Sister Missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in South Africa. The song is titled "Why". In a few weeks I will record the vocal for the song. A good friend and great singer & songwriter Brian Rhodes assisted in writing the music for this song and played the piano for the recording.

Last week, I sang in our Universities version of Idols. it was a lot of fun. Ieven made it onto the final round in December. I sang "Who I am" by Jessica Andrews.

Next week, I will be singing at BYU's "World Fest" International Talent Show for the third year in a row. I love representing South Africa!

I continue to play the guitar and have written a few songs that I would like to record in the near future. Singing is my passion!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home